Other Food Resources

In addition to your local food pantry or soup kitchen, here are a few other programs available to assist families and individuals who are in need of additional food resources.


SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) allows you the flexibility to choose healthy foods and, in many communities, you can use your Food Stamp EBT card at a farmer’s market or farm stand and even DOUBLE the amount of fruits and veggies you get thanks to Granite State Market Match or in retail stores under Double Up Food Bucks. Applying can be a dauting task but you don’t have to do it alone. Our SNAP Outreach Coordinator is here to help you through the process and answer any of your questions. Give us a call today 603-669-9725 ext. 1147


WIC is the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC is an excellent program for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women and Children under the age of 5 years old. They provide both health services and food vouchers for healthy food. Consider breastfeeding as a strategy to save hundreds of dollars from your food budget and give you baby the best start in life.

WIC website

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is a nutrition program that provides free food and nutrition information to promote good health for Seniors age 60 and over.

The CSFP website

School meals

Contact your child’s school administrator or nurse for an application to receive free and reduced priced breakfast and lunch.

Does your community have a summer food program?

Explore potential options to have a program sponsored in your town. Contact our Nutrition Programs Manager, Elise Bolster, to find out more, 603.669.9725 ext. 1150.

Do you know a senior who cannot get out to shop or make meals for themselves?

Look into Meals on Wheels in your community.  For seniors who want to get out and meet others, look for the nearest senior congregate meal program in your community.

If you have trouble finding these programs in your community – call 211 and they can direct you to food program resources.

Callers anywhere in the state who dial 2-1-1 are connected, at no charge, to a trained information and referral specialist who can provide them with the information they need to get help.