Facebook Link Twitter Link Instagram Link Pinterest Link LinkedIn Link Google+ Link Youtube Link
Give a gift
Agency ResourcesContactDonate

How to Apply for SNAP

    How to Apply for SNAP

    If you are a New Hampshire resident, here is how you can get benefits:

    Go to to www.nheasy.nh.gov and sign up for benefits on your own


    Contact April Purinton 603.669.9725 ext. 124 or Haeley Stewart 603.669.9725 ext. 164 for application assistance


    If you qualify, you can go to your closest District office to apply, pick up an application and submit the completed application.

    If you are interested in signing up for SNAP (Food Stamps), refer to these income guidelines to see if you might be eligible. Households have to meet income tests unless all members are receiving TANF, SSI, or in some places general assistance. Most households must meet both the gross and net income tests, but a household with an elderly person or a person who is receiving certain types of disability payments only has to meet the net income test. Households, except those noted, that have income over the amounts listed below cannot get SNAP benefits.

    (Nov. 1, 2013 through Oct. 1, 2014)

    People in Household

    Gross Monthly Income

    Net Monthly Income

    Maximum Monthly Benefit

































    Each additional

    + $436

    + $335

    add $142

    What is the difference between Gross and Net income? Gross income is your total income before taxes or any other subtractions. However, certain subtractions to your gross income, called "deductions," are allowed. These can be for things like housing costs, child support payments, child or dependent care payments, and monthly medical expenses over $35 for elderly or disabled individuals. The amount leftover after these deductions is called Net Income.

    Join our Freedom From Hunger Club

    Find out more >
    Are you hosting a food drive? Let us know about it and find tips on successful drives.

    Find out more >